Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Member note: art and bayview youth

Stacy Thomas joined Heidi Hardin, an artist with deep roots at the Shipyard and with arts education in the heart of the neighborhood, in speaking with local leaders as part of Leadership SF's recent visit to Bayview Hunters Point.

Heidi shared her picture of Stacy, and this lovely note:
It was great fun to spend time with Stacy Thomas. He really enjoyed meeting everyone and getting to speak about art and its influence in his life.

I've attached a photo I took of him after we left the Boys and Girls Club as I let him off at Burnett School where he was to gather up his little brother and take him home on the bus.

I hardly recognized Stacy when I picked him up at school earlier in the afternoon. He's a young man now, no longer the child I used to teach.

No comments: